Illegal immigrants take jobs from some Americans.
Illegal immigration causes Americans’ wages to be lower in some job markets.
The PEW Research Center estimated there were about 7.6 million illegal imigrants in the U.S. civilian workforce (June 12, 2019 report).
George Borjas, a professor of economics and social policy at the Harvard Kennedy School made two points (in an October 2016 article):
1) Both low- and high-skilled natives (Americans) are affected by the influx of immigrants. But because a disproportionate percentage of immigrants have few skills, it is low-skilled American workers, including many blacks and Hispanics, who have suffered most from this wage dip.
2) (I)mmigration has barely affected the total wealth of natives (Americans) at all. Instead, it has changed how the pie is split, with the losers – the workers who compete with immigrants, many of those being low-skilled Americans—sending a roughly $500 billion check annually to the winners. Those winners are primarily their employers. And the immigrants themselves come out ahead, too.
If George Borjas is accurate in his assessment, why then do Democrats:
1) Support illegal immigration when it hurts a portion of their supposed base, unskilled or low-skilled workers?
2) Support illegal immigration when it profits big business, a group they frequently demonize?
I’ll pose my three theories:
1) Long Term – Illegal immigrations represent votes if the Democrats can find a way to legalize them. So, they want to let in as many as possible.
2) Long Term – Illegal immigration suppresses wages for low-skilled workers keeping them stuck in a cycle of low wages and reliant on government programs to raise their families. Democrats want these workers to remain impoverished, so they keep voting Democrat.
3) Short Term – Democrats want President Trump to fail at stopping illegal immigration. The United States had a spike in Illegal immigration this year. Customs and Border Patrol made 851,000 apprehensions in FY 2019, the most in the past 12 years.
Ann Kirkpatrick (D) the current representative in congressional district 2, has demonstrated she does not want to stop illegal immigration.
1) Ann Kirkpatrick has criticized President Trump for beginning construction of the wall along the southern Arizona border. Building the wall was a part of President Trump’s plan to stop illegal immigration.
2) Ann Kirkpatrick has publicly stated she opposes a wall along the southern Arizona border.
3) Ann Kirkpatrick has joined other National Democrats attempting to impeach President Trump, instead of working with him to stop illegal immigration.
Read also- Ann Kirkpatrick: The Real Threat
I'm Glad You're Here
Let's stay in touch