The 2019-20 Democrat Presidential nomination process has drawn much attention to the Green New Deal. It’s a massive government effort to dump fiat money onto the economy and solve the so-called ‘Climate Crisis’ in one fell swoop. By the way, it’s brought to you by Democrats.
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is one of the lead proponents in the Democrat controlled House of Representatives for the Green New Deal. H.Res. 109 currently has 95 co-sponsors. Fortunately, Ann Kirkpatrick is not a co-sponsor, yet (as of 24 Oct 2019). However, she is a co-sponsor of H. Con. Res. 52, Expressing the sense of Congress that there is a climate emergency which demands a massive-scale mobilization to halt, reverse, and address its consequences and causes.
H. Con. Res. 52:
Whereas global atmospheric concentrations of other greenhouse gases, including methane, nitrous oxide, and hydrofluorocarbons, have also increased substantially since preindustrial times, primarily due to human activities, including burning fossil fuels;
So, you see, it’s not that Kirkpatrick doesn’t believe in man-made climate change. It’s just that she has a very, very vulnerable Congressional seat and understands the Green New Deal is a no go for AZ District 2. She won’t sign on until she entrenches herself in District 2 with one more win in November 2020. That’s a win that, with your help, we’ll deny her.
Green New Deal
The Green New Deal by any standards except the very far, far left, is a massive government intrusion on the economy. It will have a catastrophic effect on, not ‘climate change’, but your pocketbook and way of life.
Just check out what the Green New Deal intends to unleash on the United States (Source):
- Revive the economy
- Make wars for oil obsolete
- Initiate a WWII-scale national mobilization to halt climate change
- Create 20 million jobs by transitioning to 100% clean renewable energy by 2030
- Invest in public transit
- Invest in sustainable (regenerative) agriculture
- Ensure that any worker displaced by the shift away from fossil fuels will receive full income and benefits as they transition to alternative work
- Enact energy democracy based on public, community and worker ownership of our energy system
- Treat energy as a human right
- Redirect research funds from fossil fuels into renewable energy and conservation
- Build a nationwide smart electricity grid that can pool and store power from a diversity of renewable sources, giving the nation clean, democratically controlled, energy
- End destructive energy extraction and associated infrastructure: fracking, tar sands, offshore drilling, oil trains, mountaintop removal, natural gas pipelines, and uranium mines
- Halt any investment in fossil fuel infrastructure, including natural gas
- Phase out all fossil fuel power plants
- Phase out nuclear power
- Impose a greenhouse gas fee/tax to charge polluters for the damage they have created
Anyone who believes any of the above can be achieved in 10 years is living in a fantasy land. There is no way any alternative energy in development now (Solar, Wind, Magic, etc.) will replace fossil fuels in the next 10 years, or by 2030. Not going to happen.
The Green New Deal or the Green New Dumb, as I call it, is just another attempt by Democrats to grab control of your freedom and liberty. I bet everyone in Southern Arizona will be so happy to give up their cars, pay over half their wages in taxes and live in utter poverty just to support a Green New Deal (sarcasm). That’s why Ann Kirkpatrick can’t sign on to this, yet. But she’s over halfway there.
I have one final parting piece of advice for Ann Kirkpatrick (D) AZ CD2. Go outside, squint your eyes a bit and look up at the Sun. That’s what causes climate to change on the Earth. Don’t stare too long.